
Today is Pete's birthday. December 14th. It's a day I always remember for many reasons. As you all know, I am the middle child, the only girl of three. Being in the middle, I have had the experience of being a younger sister and also an older sister to 2 wonderful brothers. And as we grew up, my relationship with my brothers was always a little different. I have always looked to my big brother Pete a little bit differently than Paul. Not in a good or bad way, just a different way, a little sister way. When I was little, I can remember walking to Hallaway Hill with my brothers and making sure that Pete would go down first to see if it would be safe. In 5th grade, Pete decided he wanted to play the Trumpet, so when I was in 5th grade I decided I wanted to play the Trumpet too. In High School, Pete decided to join Cross Country, and low and behold I wonder who joined too? Even when I was deciding on where to go to college. "Well Pete's in California, I'll go there too!" I guess it just was the way I liked to do things. I knew it was safe if he did them first. I have always looked to him for guidance. There is something about a big brother that is just safe and makes you feel that you have someone looking out for you. My own big brother safety net. So today Pete, I want you to know how much I appreciated you always going first and me getting to be the one that followed you. Because without you, I definitly would not be sitting here in California in my Pepperdine sweatshirt enjoying the beautiful weather. I love you and I hope you have the best birthday. You may not know this Pete, but have you ever wondered why my longstanding email address is ings14@hotmail.com or why my basketball jersey was always 14, or why 14 is my favorite number. Hmmmm? I wonder who was born on the 14th. Love you lots Pete!
No comments:
Post a Comment